Miss you already...

Four sleeps to go until I set off for my new island home. Trying my hardest to squeeze my life into two bags (ridiculously difficult for a bowerbird like me) with a year's supply of tea, anti-malarial meds and toothpaste - it's proving more stressful than the thought of living in a developing country...

I have complied photos of all my loved ones - plenty of my family and my late, great pet sheep Rogan Josh (no he didn't pass into the next world as a curry) and too many to count of laugh-out-loud Tora photos.

Although I feel somewhat guilty for being so excited about my new adventure, I will miss so many things, places and people in my life back home. I hope you will enjoy the snapshots of my journey over the next couple of years as much as I will enjoy sharing it with you.

And perhaps not with guilt but with something similar, I requote:
"A journey is exactly that, a journey. It doesn't really matter where you're going or how you get there, it's about the actual journey.

After all, life isn't about where you end up or how you get there it's about the life experiences you have and relationships you hold with people you love and cherish."

Comments

Popular Posts